CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year, New Ideas, New Possibilities - Linky Party - Guest Blogger


Hi all! This is Jessica from Covered in Glitter and Glue! I am extremely honored to be participating in Primary Possibilities' New Year, New Ideas, New Possibilities linky where bloggers have the opportunity to guest post on someone else's fabulous blog. 


A little about me before we begin...I am a 2nd grade teacher and a lover of all things polka-dotty, pink, glittery, or tied with a bow. I love to do art projects at home and at school (especially ones with glitter!) and am constantly finding new projects to drool over do on Pinterest.

Thank you to We are All Special for letting me guest post, her blog is extremely heart warming!

I don't know about you, but when the new year hits I go into organization mode. My closets and dresser drawers get a makeover and my mind starts buzzing about other ways to make my classroom and home more organizationally friendly. I thought I'd take some time today to share a couple of organization ideas for the home and school that are tickling my fancy lately.

First up let's talk about an organization idea for your closets at home. Earlier this week I saw this pin on Pinterest where you use plastic shower curtain rings on a hanger to hang your scarves. 
Image courtesy of Be Different Act Normal
Brilliant! My scarves were a hot mess in my entryway closet and are now hanging perfectly in a row for me to choose from each morning. 

As far as my classroom goes, one of my favorite organizational ideas involves my students' book boxes. A couple years ago I bought ice cube bins from Walmart to use as my student book boxes, as the kiddos just couldn't seem to take good care of the cardboard magazine boxes. The containers were a little over a dollar each. These plastic containers fit perfectly on my shelves, have been put through some major use the last two years, and are still holding up well! 



The students "go shopping" for books from our class library during their morning jobs, selecting three books they are interested in reading. During Reading Workshop, or if a student finishes an assignment early, they are welcome to get their book box and spread out around the room to read. Functional and looks tidy!

My next organizational goal in my classroom is attempting this desk organization for the little ones:

Image courtesy of What Happens in First Grade

I love that the containers are bigger than a pencil box and just the right size for marker boxes, bookmarks, pencils, and all of the other stuff that clogs up the desks. Now I just need to find the containers and see if they fit in the desks in my classroom! 
Organization here we come!
Don't forget to stop by my blog and the New Year, New Ideas, New Possibilities linky!

Covered in Glitter and Glue

Happy 2013!

___________________________________________________

Also, check out Karlie's post Daily Learning to the Core!

3 comments:

Hilary Gard said...

I love the shower curtain ring idea for my scarves! Perfect!
Thanks so much for the great idea!
Hilary
Second Grade is Out of This World!

MissAllison said...

I have nominated you for a Liebster Award (an award for new bloggers)! Stop by my blog to check out what it is all about!

Allison
Miss Allison's Class

Holly phinney said...

Hi! Thanks for following me! I am now your newest follower as well! :)

Specialsmartspecialhearts@blogspot.com

-Holly Phinney