CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Home is Where the Heart Is

This weekend I made a quick trip home.  My brother was home for the weekend, and I don't anticipate being able to see him again until Christmas.  So it was a great relaxing time.  I always love coming home at this time of the year, even though it is a super busy time for my parents.  They have a family farm and are busy harvesting.  There is just something about harvest time that makes my heart very happy.

Things I love about home during fall
1.  The smell of corn.
2.  Going to the apple orchard (owned and operated by one of my best friends' parents).

  • apple donuts
  • apple cider
  • carmel apples

3.  Riding in tractors/semis.
4.  Hearing the corn go through the augers or emptying from the semi.
5.  The brisk (not COLD) air.
6.  Pumpkin flavored/scented anything.


It was so nice to be home and see my family:)

3 comments:

Positively Learning said...

HI! I'm glad you had the chance to visit home! I didn't realize you're from Illinois. All of my family live in Ohio & my mom's family is originally from Racine, WI. Small world :)
I highlighted your blog in my latest post: You've been BOO'd! As a result, you get to choose one item out of my store...any item of your choice! Please leave me a comment & I'll send it to you!
Jen (Positively Learning)

Cynthia said...

I found your blog because Jen boo'd you. I'm now your newest follower. Come on over and join the party by booing 3 of your favorite blogs. :-)

Cynthia
2nd Grade Pad

Karlie said...

Jen - I can't believe your family was from Racine! I went to Carthage and student taught at Park High School in Racine! I live within an hour of there now. It really is a small world! Thank you for BOO-ing me! Your blog post was super sweet!

Cynthia - Cute linky party idea:)