CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Friday, September 28, 2012

Football Behavior Management

As I've mentioned already, I have a sports theme in my classroom (again) this year.  I LOVE it!  It is a great way to discuss great sportsmanship, being a team player, and keeping up with current events.

Our school uses PBIS, so here is my board with "rules" or expectations.


Here is the positive reinforcement board.  Each student has their own football.  When students do something I like (sit quietly without reminder, raise hand without reminder, complete a difficult task, etc.) I tell them they can move their football 10 yards.  



When they reach the endzone they get 6 points.  Students can choose to use their points right away or save them.  For 6 points students can get a piece of candy, 12 points for a prize from the prize basket, 18 points for 15 minutes on the computer, 24 points to play a game with the teacher, and 30 points to play a game with a friend.

Students love moving their football, and I love giving them positive reinforcement instead of being so naggy on the kids that aren't behaving.

Check out my earlier post for more information on how I give kids positive feed back:)