CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer Time




Well, since it is summer, I have been busy trying to enjoy it!  But that means I have been away from blog land for a while.  I feel like I have a ton to share in my 1.5 week hiatus!  Ironic that for some of us teachers it seems like we have to try to pack as much stuff in to as short amount of time as possible to enjoy our time off, huh?  I have been doing just that, trying to squeeze it all in!

I have been busy trying to pack up all my stuff for the big move.  Here is a picture of almost all my teaching stuff which has been moved to my boyfriend's house.  He is graciously letting me keep my teacher stuff at his house until I can move in to my classroom, so it is one less thing we have to put in the trailer for the BIG move (of all my apartment stuff).  I was very proud of myself that this time I did not STUFF every box to the brim.  They are only filled as heavy as I can carry them.  Last time I moved, I filled the big boxes with box so full that it took two people to move the boxes.   I still need to move a couple things (like my filing cabinet, rolly chair, step stool for students, rug, and a couple small things), but it is nice to have a good portion of stuff out of my classroom.

Also, I went shopping today at Goodwill and Salvation Army looking for a kitchen table or bar stools for my new home.  I didn't find either of those items, but I did find these cool games!  I think the games will be a great way to practice numbers, letters, sight words, math facts, rhyming words, etc.  I'm super excited for these new games!  (As you might have noticed these aren't at my boyfriend's house yet....ooops.....another thing to move....)




I have also been busy reading this series.  If you haven't read it yet buy it here.  I am all done with the series, and I feel sooo accomplished!!!!
Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Freed 3-volume Boxed Set

Now it's on to this series.  I have read the first book City of Bones.  I liked it better than 50 Shades of Grey.  If you haven't read the Mortal Instruments series, it is kind of a combination of Harry Potter and Twilight.  I really like it so far, and the other people that I know who have read it just LOVE it.
Product Details


Soon I will be off to Minnesota for some fun in the sun!  I can't wait to have a couple days on the lake - boating and tubing and having bon fires.  Sounds great to me!

2 comments:

Laura Finger said...

You are doing a great job with moving!!!! Great finds at Goodwill and Salvation Army! I need to remember to stop in at those stores. :)

Jennifer said...

I love finding fun stuff for the classroom at thrift stores and garage sales! I also find lots of chidren's books for a steal that way.