CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Advice to a New Teacher


Here is a great Linky idea from Deb at Fabulously First.



  1. Do not let students sit in your teacher chair...I know this sounds harsh and it is a great cheap incentive, but speaking from experience it is also a great way to spread lice:(
  2. Develop a way to track data.  My biggest fear as a first year teacher was that something would happen to me, and no one would have any clue about my students’ present levels.
  3. Even though your first year is all about keeping your head above water, try to plan a week in advance (even if you’re not required to) so that when you do get sick, cause you will, you’ll feel less stressed.  Also, have a seating chart, a brief description of what works with difficult students, and how to use your behavior management program.  If you have this done ahead of time getting sick will seem less stressful.

2 comments:

mjfavre said...

All awesome suggestions. Especially #1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm a new follower. I love your blog design!!!

Megan
I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

Owl Things First said...

Great advice! My chair is usually hidden under my bag...I rarely sit in it!!
Jenny

Owl Things First