CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Big News!

It became official yesterday!  I will be moving to a new school!  Two years ago I was hired in a school district in northern Wisconsin, even farther north than Green Bay.  Since my family is from Illinois and my boyfriend is living in Milwaukee, I was quite a distance from everyone, which meant a lot of traveling on weekends.

Well, this year, I applied for jobs like crazy to try to change that, and it worked!  Now I'm moving toward the southern part of Wisconsin.  So now I need to find somewhere to live, but I'm very excited to be closer to friends and family!

On another note, I'm reading A Framework for Understanding Poverty, by Ruby K. Payne, Ph.D.


Has anyone else read this book?  I'm thinking about posting little blurbs about each chapter, to help me remember what I read about.  Then maybe others can comment on their experiences, thoughts, or how you deal with the topic.

4 comments:

Alana Gilliam said...

I have not personally read the book, but my Dad has and he loves everything Ruby Payne. He used to be a principal at a low income school. Congrats on the new job!

Miss N said...

Congratulations on the new job and the move! You must be very excited!

Shanyn
Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

kdb1983 said...

Ruby Payne visited my school district this past year for a pd day and she is absolutely awesome! I love all the great points she brings up and I feel like in special education you experience a lot of what shares. Congrats on the new job!

Mrs. Flapper said...

I have read this book a few times, as well as having attended the training twice. I got something different from reading it each time. It is quite a wonderful book. I have worked in low poverty schools and I found it very helpful. I would be interested in reading your postings about what you have read.