So I thought I'd try to help out some of you that have SmartNotebook....
Here are some really cool things about SmartNotebook....
- There are a TON of already made flip charts on SMART Exchange. So definitely check there before creating anything of your own! It might just save you a ton of time.
- Some teachers do calendar time on their board.
- Teachers create charts to go with math and reading curriculums (just search whatever curriculum and unit you are on.)
- If you use ActivInspire, you can go to Promethean Planet to do the exact same things.
- For word work or spelling practice: Fridge magnets, To find this, search the Gallery, by clicking on the 2nd tab on the left of the screen. The tab looks like a little framed picture, it's right above the paperclip tab. Once you're in the Gallery, search "fridge magnets".
- You can also google "paper" and put the background as lined paper and have students practice writing spelling words or their name or anything else on the board.
- There are also dice, timers, and spinners you can search for in the same manner.
- The spinners are changeable, so you can spin to put your students in groups.
- Or you can have 3 spinners and have students create CVC words and determine if they are (un)real.
- Or you could have students make numbers by spinning 2 or 3 different spinners.
- OH the spinner potential!!!
- One of the things I thought was the coolest (not the most practical, but coolest none the less) was that you could free hand draw a shape, and then right click on it and select Shape Recognition. I just think it's cool:)
So here is what my interactive white board set up looks like. It uses a Wii remote to make a regular old white board interactive. Once you know how to use it, it's pretty easy:) And a lot cheaper than the alternatives....
And here is a close up picture of what my projector and Wii remote look like:)