CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sharing is Caring - Technology

Technology is becoming a bigger and bigger part of our classrooms. I don't know about you, but I always like to see what other teachers are doing in their classroom.  Today I'm sharing a Linky party to find more ways to use technology in your classroom:-D

 My FAVORITE website to use is freerice.com.  My kids LOVE IT!  They know they are helping others, and they love to see how much they are helping by how much rice is in their bowl.  The more enthusiasm you put in to explaining this activity to the students the better.  I use it for multiplication practice for 3rd grade.  A friend of mine uses it in 2nd grade for addition/subtraction practice (under "Basic Math (Pre-Algebra)") and she restarts the level when it begins to get too difficult for her students.  You could use it for Vocabulary as part of Daily 5.  A 4th grade teacher I know uses any subject for a fun brain break when her students have a short break.  There are so many options for your classroom with this website!

Find out other ways I use Computers in my classroom. 

Now go and link up with The Hands-On Teacher for more tech ideas for your classroom:)

No comments: