CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Scavenger Hunt

This post is a wee bit late, but I wanted to put it in print because I loved the activity!

Before and after Easter, my students practiced their counting skills by doing an egg hunt.  In each egg I had counted out beans for the students to count, and then they wrote the number they counted on their paper.

To help myself, I wrote a letter on each egg, and made a cheat sheet with how many beans were in each egg, identified by the letter on the egg.

Each kid started with 2 eggs to hide.  Then they returned to the table, and I instructed them to find just 1 egg.  After finding one egg they returned to the table, opened their egg, counted the beans, and wrote down their number.  Then they hid their egg, found a new one, and started the process over.  

It was sooo cute!  They loved it!  Here are the children in the Library hiding and hunting for eggs:)




If you have ideas of how to make it a little less Easter-y, so it can be used year round let me know:)

No comments: