CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Funny Friday

Yesterday I had a few kids in my room working when one of them shouted out, 'UGH! A beetle just came out of my nose!!' With a quick glance, I thought it looked an awful lot like a louse. As I'm only in my second year of teaching and I've already gotten lice once, which is more than enough! So I ran for the tape to trap that sucker, and my student started to bring it toward my desk. On the way over it was dropped on the carpet. It was all I could do to prevent myself from screaming, 'There's a louse on the loose!' After doing the 'he-be-ge-be' dance and searching unsuccessfully for this bug I tracked down the nearest container of Lysol and a vacuum. This quick cleaning eased my mind a bit. Needless to say, I don't think the bug came out of the kids nose, but rather fell off their head or clothes. But this was by far my favorite quote this week! 'UGH! A beetle just came out of my nose!!'