CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Tubing Trip

We got back from our trip just before our second snow storm of the year began!  (For the background info about this field trip, see my blog post from yesterday.)  Crazy, we are in the last week of February/first week of March and we are only on our second snow storm!!!  We were so concerned there wouldn't be any snow for our tubing trip, but we were not disappointed!  I'm currently comfy cozy staring out my window and the winter wonderland.

We had  an hour and a half long bus ride to Upper Michigan (the UP).  That was one long trip for my kiddos!  I should have brought the iPad for them to play with.  It wouldn't have decreased the "are we there yet"s.  I told one of my students, the next time we go on a field trip you will be our official time keeper!  I'll give you a timer and any time anyone asks are we there yet, I'll tell them to ask you.  (I thought this was genius; he didn't quite think so...)

We got to the hill and spent about 2.5 hours on the slopes, ate lunch, and got back on the bus.  What a trip!


Me with the only elementary girl on the trip.


Two of my boys on the bus.


 The tow rope pulling us up the hill.  A lot of the kids tried hooking themselves in, and then their rope slipped off, and they knocked others off.  We had a great lesson on waiting patiently, following directions, and taking turns.


Just posing.


Taking a break on the hill.


Getting ready to race down the hill:)


Worn out!


WE HAD SO MUCH FUN:-D

I just had a ball with my students!!! 

3 comments:

Ms. Rachel said...

That looks so fun!

Beth Ann said...

What a field trip! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time!
I gave you an award. Come on over to check it out!
❀Beth Ann❀
Taming My Flock of Firsties
bakteach16@gmail.com

Christina Bainbridge said...

Looks like so much fun! If we could get snow to stick around for more than three minutes down here I'd love to take my kiddos out to play!

:)
Christina
Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog