CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Valentine's Day LINKY PARTY - Valentine's Day craft

Last year, my students made a a very cute craft which incorporated the American Sign Language "I love you" sign, which was used all the time in my house hold growing up, but as I guess, none of my students knew what it meant.






Check out my original post: Valentine's Day Craft.

It was simple to make, the students cut out 1 large heart, 1 medium heart, and one small heart from craft foam.  Then they traced their hands on craft foam and cut that out. We had a lesson in being careful around the glue gun as I glued the pieces together.  Then the students wrote "I love you" on the small heart.  

This year, I'm hoping to make heart shaped crayons with my students.  I purchased a heart shaped cookie/brownie tray.  A co-worker suggested spraying the pan with non-stick spray, then freezing the crayons right after taking them out of the oven.  Hopefully that will prevent ruining my new tray from ever being used on food items?  Check out Martha Stewart's recipe.

Don't forget to link up with Mommy & Me Creations for more great Valentine's Day ideas:)

Mommy and Me Creations

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Too cute Karlie!!