CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Valentine's Day LINKY PARTY - Valentine's Day book


This year, I have started to try to remember to do story time every day at 9:30.  Sometimes it just doesn't happen, because there aren't any kids in my room, or there are too many in the room, or there is a behavior crisis (I have an EBD resource style classroom), but sometimes, it works beautifully, because there are so many in the room and I'm trying to deal with a behavior problem or a small group, and the para in my classroom is able to engage all the other kids with a seasonal read aloud.  I love the days that story time fits perfectly into the class schedule:)

Usually, we do a picture book during story time, since not all kids are in the room at that time EVERY day.  However, for Valentine's Day we are going to try a chapter book and see how it goes.  We will be reading Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentime.
Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentime (Junie B. Jones #14)



Get awesome Valentine's ideas every day this week by linking up with Mommy & Me Creations :)
Mommy and Me Creations

2 comments:

Ms. Rachel said...

I always have a stash of things ready for my paras in case of a crisis! That book looks super cute, I might have to grab it from the library!

Amy said...

Love that book! I know what you mean about things not always going as planned especially in the type of room you teach in! Thanks for commenting on my blog, glad I found you! Are you in Michigan?