CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine's Day LINKY PARTY - Kid Friendly Recipes

Nothing too exciting from me on this one....Monday we had no school due to icy roads.  So I made some brownies in my new heart shaped pan that I may never be able to use again because I'm making crayons with me students.  HAHA the things we teachers do for "our kids"!


After some trials....here are my tips: 
Pre-heat oven - 325 degrees
Approximately 26 minutes (it is probably longer than that, but just keep checking)

If you add marshmallows directly in the batter, make sure you leave like 5 mm of space in the dish (don't fill the shape all the way)  OR try taking the brownies out after 20 minutes and put the marshmallows on top of the brownies then put the brownies back in the oven.


Hopefully I'll get a chance to put a picture of the brownies up soon!
Hope you've already made it over to Mommy & Me Creations!  If not check out all the Valentine's Day ideas:)




Mommy and Me Creations

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I am so proud of you! Look at all that baking! Now I'm going to have to help you make it healthy! haha. Miss you!

kjohnson4 said...

HAHAHA! Kathy! I used apple sauce instead of vegetable oil. And marshmallows are fat free. That sounds healthy to me:-D