CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

12 Fun Facts

Thank you to Rachel at Ms. Rachel's Room for tagging me in her post:) 


So here are the rules:

1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!



Fun Facts About Me
1. I live and teach in Northern WI, but my family is from IL.
2. I was raised on a farm and have a deep connection to agriculture.
3. My favorite shows are One Tree Hill, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, and Ringer.
4. My boyfriend is going to medical school and lives 2.5 hours away, so I spend 5 hours driving to see him every other weekend.  
5. The school I work at, got rid of our computer lab (due to lack of space) and replaced it with an iPad cart and got an iPad for every teacher.  I LOVE iPads, and I will have to buy my own personal iPad if I ever work for a school that doesn't provide them.  They are so handy.  You can put it in your purse.  You always have your notes.  They are great tools for students to practice spelling, math facts, etc. 
6. I was in the sorority Chi Omega in college and continue to collect owls for my apartment, classroom, and wardrobe.
7. Brad Paisley is my all time favorite singer!  
8. I am very addicted to Pinterest.  Follow Me.  I have tried to convince 3 of my friends to join this week alone:)
9. My favorite kind of ice cream is Coldstone Cake Batter.
10. The first time I went water tubing was with my boyfriend, and I was terrible (I didn't have enough arm strength to stay on the tube).  So we joked that I was tube training to get better, his father believed this.  Luckily, I got a little better, and I really enjoy tubing now.
11. I loved reading Hunger Games and can't wait for the movie to come out.
12. I enjoy warm weather much more than cold weather!





  1. What was the name of your first pet?  I'm not even exactly sure. My family always had a ton of cats.  Muppet is the first cat I remember though.  She lived for 11 or 12 years as an outdoor cat before we had to put her down.
  2. What was your best moment as a teacher?  It's tough to pick just one.  I set up a reward to take 1 of my students to the gym if he had good behavior for a week.  So, after a week of good behavior we went to the gym with 1 other student.  The first student chose to play dodgeball.  So it was him against me, and occasionally the other student would join my team.  It was ridiculous playing dodgeball with just 3 people, but I had never seen the little girl that would occasionally jump in look so happy.  She would waddle around the gym after balls, giggling, with the biggest smile on her face:-D
  3. Where is your favorite place to buy clipart? I have yet to buy clipart.  I mostly use Clker.
  4. What is your biggest pet peeve? Another tough one...I have so many;)  lol.  Whining.  Things not EXACTLY where they belong.  Down right RUDE students.  When the water pitcher is empty....
  5. What kind of car do you drive? Pontiac Grand Prix
  6. What is your favorite food?  Hawaiian Pizza
  7. What food do you HATE?  MUSHROOMS
  8. What is your favorite winter activity? Snowmobiling 
  9. Have you ever completed a 1,00 piece puzzle?  Yes, I love puzzles! I haven't done one in awhile though.
  10. Where is your favorite place to buy clothes?  Plato's Closet.  The clothes have already been washed, so you know they won't shrink in the drier.  They have a wide range of clothes and brands.
  11. E-reader or real books? Real books.  I like using post-it note book marks, high lighting things, seeing how much I have read and have left to read when I put the bookmark in and close the book.
  12. Mac or PC? Mac!  I have become a forever Apple girl.  Mac, iPad, iPhone.  Love LOVE LOVE!

Now it's my turn to learn about you....
1. Amanda
3. Amy
4. Ashley
6. Alicia
7. Andrea
9. Claire
11. Valerie

1. Where do you live/Where are you from?
2. What is your best teaching advice?
3. If you could only keep one thing that's currently in your classroom what would it be?
4. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
5. How long have you been teaching?
6. What is your favorite teaching memory?
7. What is your favorite store?
8. What do you typically wear to school?
9. What is your favorite activity to do with your students?
10. What is your favorite book?
11. Do you have a Pinterest?
12. What is your favorite restaurant? 

I can't wait to learn more about all of you who write the wonderful blogs I love to follow:)

1 comment:

Angel Read said...

Northern Wisconsin you say? Are you familiar with Manitowish Waters? My family used to go there every summer when I was a kid, until I was 12. It was like Heaven to me. We are actually going back this summer and I am so excited... I can still see it in my mind as if I was there yesterday!