CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gym?

Do any of you Spec Ed bloggers provide gym for your students?  I have a couple self contained, part-time, elementary students, and I'm thinking about doing "gym" with them once a week.  Does anyone have suggestions?

3 comments:

Busy Bees said...

Just found your darling blog. I don't teach special ed, but our classes at our school have gym class. Some of the students are even mainstreamed into some of the regular ed classes, too. Hope this helps ya!
Robynn
BusyBees

Randy Sue McKeever said...

We have used a WII and Dance Dance Revolution to help get the kiddos moving..

kjohnson4 said...

Thank you for the ideas:)

Most of my kids are mainstreamed but 2 of them are too severe to be mainstreamed.

I brought in my xBox Kinect at the end of the quarter for students who had fulfilled their behavior contract for the first 9 weeks, but maybe I should do it more often?

Did a yoga video one day, it went ok-ish.

There just aren't enough hours in the day.