Tomorrow is the first day of school for the year 2011. We are nearing the end of the 2nd quarter, and I feel like I still have soooo much to do!
I am hopeful that my students did not forget everything over Christmas break ::fingers crossed::.
* I am proud to share that two of my students have mastered counting change without using touch points!
* One of my students has mastered approximately 10 letter sounds in the last month! (He previously knew none.) He is learning the letter sounds quickly! Now, we have to work on sounding words out.
* One of my most successful group social skills classes took place in the month of December - listening bingo and play-doh afterward.
* I am working with a friend to implement a plan to teach one of my students all the letters and sounds. The student is frequently mixing up letters like d, p, b, q, j, and k.
* I rearranged my classroom, and I think I like it. Students in the time out area have a decreased view of the rest of the classroom. I also became very organized - boarder and poster boxes. Completed lots of laminating.
* I am giving my students more opportunities for independence. I have begun to teach them where everything in my classroom is, and I will ask them to get things or move things. This gives me hope that on sub days the students will be able to help the sub, if the sub can't find something.
Goals for January
* Teach time to my two math students.
* Teach all letter sounds to my first grader.
* Teach 80 Dolche Sight Words to another student.
* Use SAFMEDS to teach multiplication to my 4th grader.
* Do more puzzles with my students. (I was surprised my students did not understand the concept of putting all the straight edged pieces together.)
* Increase reading comprehension in another student.
I still love my job:) I just want my students to learn as much as I can teach them!!! Wish me luck on this endeavor! We have a lot to do by the end of 2nd quarter....which is 3 weeks away!