CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Monday, October 25, 2010

almost 2/9ths of the way through the school year....

I have been a "real" teacher for nearly 2 months!  It is crazy to think that just 3 months ago I was still jobless and frantically searching and praying that I would find a job that would utilize my teaching degree.  I can't help but think, "It wasn't that long ago that I would spend 8 hours a day searching websites for available teaching positions, applying online, updating my resume, critiquing cover letters, and majorly stressing that I would have to wait another 12 months before getting a teaching job.  I know Thanksgiving isn't for another month, but I'm truly thankful for my job!!!

Well, here I am living in a town I had never heard of, until the day I came to interview for my job.  I'm finally making friends, hanging out with people outside of school, etc.  My apartment is becoming more and more like home.  I can honestly say I'm loving life up north:)

As far as teaching is concerned in the last 2 months....
- I have evaluated 1 student for special education
- I have planned my first sub plans (the day did not end tragically, bonus?)
- 1 of my students has wet their pants
- I have rearranged my room 3 times (my room is approximately the size of 4 of my closets mind you, and it has no windows)
- I have completed 2 IEPs
- I have been on 1 zoo field trip
- I have 1 school hoodie
- I have survived 2 fire drills
- We have had parent teacher conferences
- I have placed numerous orders to buy crafts and relaxation tools for my students
- There has yet to be a day that goes exactly as planned
- I LOVE MY JOB!!!!

No comments: