I have been a "real" teacher for nearly 2 months! It is crazy to think that just 3 months ago I was still jobless and frantically searching and praying that I would find a job that would utilize my teaching degree. I can't help but think, "It wasn't that long ago that I would spend 8 hours a day searching websites for available teaching positions, applying online, updating my resume, critiquing cover letters, and majorly stressing that I would have to wait another 12 months before getting a teaching job. I know Thanksgiving isn't for another month, but I'm truly thankful for my job!!!
Well, here I am living in a town I had never heard of, until the day I came to interview for my job. I'm finally making friends, hanging out with people outside of school, etc. My apartment is becoming more and more like home. I can honestly say I'm loving life up north:)
As far as teaching is concerned in the last 2 months....
- I have evaluated 1 student for special education
- I have planned my first sub plans (the day did not end tragically, bonus?)
- 1 of my students has wet their pants
- I have rearranged my room 3 times (my room is approximately the size of 4 of my closets mind you, and it has no windows)
- I have completed 2 IEPs
- I have been on 1 zoo field trip
- I have 1 school hoodie
- I have survived 2 fire drills
- We have had parent teacher conferences
- I have placed numerous orders to buy crafts and relaxation tools for my students
- There has yet to be a day that goes exactly as planned
- I LOVE MY JOB!!!!
Paper Chain Challenge
2 days ago