CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Good Start

Things are going well so far.  Today was busy, I met with my mentor, and I had a special education tutorial on using the computer software for writing IEPs.  I am starting to get a schedule together for myself, my students, and my paraprofessional.

If any of you know Bass, I'm working to incorporate SAFMEDs into one of my student's daily routines.  I'm hoping to increase her fluency and frequency with addition.  I purchased a timer to use.  I separated all my addition flash cards into 0s, 1s, 2s, etc.  We will begin training for 10 minutes a day tomorrow.  I'm very excited to try this, and I hope it helps!  Bass would probably be jumping up and down with joy!

For the most part, I believe my students are starting to get used to me, and I'm definitely getting used to them.  I'm enjoying all of them, and I can't wait to watch them succeed:)

Upcoming events ....
* 1st monthly staff meeting
* Book study on the Daily 5 and Cafe reading programs
* Love and Logic workshop
* PDP Training

No comments: