CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog:) Since I am so far away from my friends and family, I want to keep you updated on the fun and trials of my new job. Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement, and the tips/ideas you may offer!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1st DAY OF SCHOOL:)

Today was the first day of school!  It went well.  I was introduced at the assemblies (I didn't trip over anything while being introduced:).

Today...
* I finished reading every IEP
* I had lunch in the teachers' lounge
* I visited the classrooms of my students
* I sang Happy Birthday to one of my students in Spanish.  It wasn't anyone's birthday.  No one spoke Spanish.  AND he didn't beg me to stop singing!!!!  It actually got him to work faster.  If he quit working I quit singing.  If he started working, I started singing.  It worked pretty well.  I doubt it will work tomorrow;)  Still my favorite moment of the day!
* I also had a student "get the wiggles out" after completing every math problem.  I think he probably got more of a kick out of watching me wiggle and jump up and down.

Tomorrow...
* Recess duty
* Write note to parents
* Prepare for the unexpected:)

No comments: